Re: RE: Speedbleeder -Reply

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Speedbleeder -Reply
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 01:48:20 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/99 8:37:52 AM, william.eastman@medtronic.com writes:

<< The old English master cylinders seem to have more of a
resistance to flow than the typical US unit so, if the bleeder is loose
and the pedal is released, you suck air back through the threads. >>

I know what you mean about sucking air back around the the threads of the
bleeder screw, William, and have experienced same on a relatively new (95)
Triumph Motorcycle, but on my '71 Morgan +8, it doesn't happen. I have
devised a bleeder in which the tube goes into a little well fashioned from a
short length of 1/2" plastic tubing bent over at the bottom and wrapped with
wire to secure the bend, and the whole thing placed inside an 8 oz plastic
wide-mouthed jar with a plastic screw cap witha small hole in the cap for the
bleeder tubing to go through. Thus when I bleed, fluid overflows the well
into the jar, and when I release, no air goes back up the tubing, as it is
immersed in the well. This makes the wife dispensible, but of course wouldn.t
work if you have leaky threads. Dave Collins, San Diego