RE: 1958 Plus 4 Tool kit

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1958 Plus 4 Tool kit
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:51:50 -0400
I posed a question some time ago (that went unanswered) regarding the
contents of the tool kit, as originally supplied with the car, by the
factory.
Well, I came across some information today that pertains to a 1958 Hi cowl
Plus 4 - and may be relevant to others. So, for reference:

Standard Tool Kit Contained:
2 Box Spanners(wrenches) * See note at bottom
3 d/e spanners (d/e = double ended)
1 adjustable spanner
1 pair pliers
1 screwdriver
Contact point gauge
Tyre pump
Grease Gun
Tool roll.

* A 'Box' spanner in English terms, is a double ended tubular affair,  that
is used in conjunction with a short steel 'Tommy' bar.

All cars were supplied with a starting handle and a 'Stevenson' screw  jack.
(funny that no mention was made of a tool to remove the hub caps of the
steel wheeled cars - I guess you were supposed to use the screwdriver!)

Regards,

Jeff