Re: 1958 Plus 4 Tool kit

To: Jeff Webster <carfindr@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: 1958 Plus 4 Tool kit
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:59:03 -0400
I recently 'inherited' several jacks that purportedly used to belong to
my car when new. One is a odd-looking affair that appears to have been
painted orange 40 years ago that was designed to go through a hole in
the floor. When I first got my car, I went to a MSCC meeting in England,
met Melvyn Rutter and bought what he was selling as a "Morgan jack". A
regular old scissors jack, like the kind I used to use to pull VW
engines out of my various minibuses. Didn't know at the time that this
wasn't original equipment. Can't blame Melvyn, I suppose. Maybe this is
what comes with the cars now. My holy grail, when next I see these
previous owners of the car, is to get them to dig around in the garage
or basement for that original  tool roll. I DID recently find the
footman's loops that came with my car and fastened the belt to the
wings. What a find! From another fellow who had the car in his back
garage for a number of years. Had a new belt made up to fit the loops by
Morgan Spares (advt.) and it all looks right. Sounds like the original
tool gear was not much to write home about, but given the Law of the
Conservation of Matter, it has to be around somewhere. Probably where
all the lost Swiss army knives, umbrellas and odd socks go. Somewhere
reeling around the universe all in an conglomerated ball.  Have a nice
Mem. Day all and DRIVE THOSE MORGANS. CB