Re: Those who aren't quite on the road yet...

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Those who aren't quite on the road yet...
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 20:00:21 -0400
Hi all,
I guess yet another gorgeous top down roadster day has eluded me, I struggle
on with the Morgan - closer, but not quite ready for the road.
I need the assistance of someone with auto electrical knowledge. Here's why:
Phil came by today to help me figure out why the battery is not getting
charged in my '58 Plus 4.
The dynamo has been checked ice by auto electricians and IS putting out a
charge.
The regulator box was switched with a second one (believed to be in working
order) and
The wiring was checked for continuity and contact.
The only way we could get the regulator to close and stay closed so the
battery was receiving a current, was to short a wire between 'D' on the
control box and the fuse box 'ignition on' terminal, and then ONLY once the
car had been started. If we left this wire in place, upon attempting to
restart the car we got a 30+ amp discharge showing on the ammeter when the
ignition key was turned to the 'on' position.
The problem appears to lie in the ignition light - my car was missing this,
and even though we put one in the circuit - We still couldn't get the
current to close the contacts on the regulator box.
Any Question?
Any ideas?
Any body got a spare Morgan for the Summer?

Regards,

Jeff