Re: Those who aren't quite on the road yet...

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Those who aren't quite on the road yet...
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:06:36 -0400
Thanks to Chris and others who have sent comments,
I had Nelson over today and we futzed around with things and got no where.
The bottom line is this. The only thing that isn't happening is that the
regulator is not sucking down the contact by itself when you first start the
car. Once running, if you push the contacts of the cut out  together with
your finger, the stay closed, the generator charges and the ignition light
goes out, when you switch off the contacts separate as they should.
I shall pick up a new regulator and see if that solves the problem. The
cheapest I have seen them was Victoria British for $49, has anyone seen them
any cheaper?

Oh, don't forget to keep your ears and eyes open for 5.25 x 16 (or 165 x
400) tires, if there are any other Morgan guys around your way or dealers
who may have tires, new or used, let me know.

Many thanks,

Jeff