fink - rutter

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: fink - rutter
From: Kerry Seibert <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:10:28 -0400
I hesitate to add yet more fuel to what seems to becoming the fink and rutter
brouhaha but . . . . .
First, I have to agree 100% with Gerry Willburn's comments, his reply saves me
the effort of  saying about the same thing.
Bill Fink - Even though Bill is 3000 miles away, he's always been an
enthusiastic supporter for our (MOPs) group be it with sales lit, T shirts,
whathaveyou for our banquet,  drawings, whatever.  Back in 1980 when my wife
and I drove our aging (ageless?) 4/4 from PA-CA-PA, Bill was quick to offer
safe storage at Pier 33 for the Moggy so we could play tourist for a couple of
days.
Melvyn Rutter - We've known Melvyn&Sindy for over 15 years and we too can't
understand Kit's "hard-on" for the guy. We've watched his kids grow up, visited
them on numerous trips to the UK, had them as guests at our house, bought a car
from him, and recently he was kind enough to not only store an aging
Mini-Cooper for two years for us but also take the time and effort to go
through the car to make it safe and reliable for our use on our recent holiday.
 Yes, sometimes his prices
seem occasionally high but he is a businessman and is offering parts AND a
service that many of us are very happy with.
May we move on?

                     Craig Seibert      (1961 4/4 and 1968+8)