ISIS & CANTAB - years in business

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: ISIS & CANTAB - years in business
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:57:33 PDT
Chip: apologies for misspelling your name/moniker on the post you recieved -
screw up in transmisson!

From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
To: ebrown@ms.com
CC: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ISIS/CANTAB - Years in Business
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:43:03 PDT

Hi Chuck,
as most of you know no doubt, Bill Fink & Isis have been in operation since
the sixties, first with Steve Miller as a partner, then after a falling out,
on his tod, initially selling used Morgans, then becoming a official Morgan
dealer. I met him first @ MOG 80 when he brought his federalised
turbocharged Plus 8 over. Seemed a reasonable chap @ the time. Seemed to
hover a bit too much over Peter's shoulder though, but, bye the bye! However
on arriving here on the Looney Coast from UK, and having not been granted
that one-time import exemption I was assured could be done - otherwise I'd
have sold MOGS before emigrating(sobs, sackcloth & ashes) - I hunted round
for a Converter. As I'm sure you're aware, along with so many others, Morgan
federalizers are found in every town, so no problem, right!
I did eventually find Steve Miller's little place in Emeryville, and
although he was MUCH more helpful, the cost was way out of my price range @
the time since it would have been a from scratch job on his part. Some day!
But I spent enough time with him to confirm my eventual analysis of Fink: if
you've got the money for that new Morgan, he's a nice guy; if you haven't,
don't waste his valuable time. Fink did do a little servicing work for me -
before I found Steve Miller - about which no complaints except to say MUCH
more expensive than Steve who does it now when I need it.
I first heard about Cantab motors via Sports Car International who R/T'd one
of Win Sharples' Plus 8's back in 1990 and have, as I say checked out their
web site which gives a VERY good impression indeed but price wise, saving
the pennies are mandatory for yours truly unless that lottery ticket comes
up! I understand Fink's attitude towards CANTAB err's on the hostile side.
Can't think why, he's got the West Coast all to himself and is clearly doing
a lot better than he used to if he can afford to live in Bodega Bay. My
impression of Sharples is the opposite (via "Willie" Lamb III), so as I say,
he will be providing my next Plus 8 which I'll drive back - should be a
great trip, done it one before in MOGS - and MOGS will go to the covetous
hands of my mechanic nephew! Strictly for racing of course, Officer!
keep on Moggin'
Kit Hildreth
"