Re:Re: Smoggin' & stuff

To: harveyg@netzero.net
Subject: Re:Re: Smoggin' & stuff
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:51:52 PDT
"

----Original Message Follows----
From: Harvey Gilmartin
<harveyg@netzero.net>
To: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re:
Smoggin' & stuff
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:29:25 -0400

Kit,
I do have one
constructive suggestion: BL federalized and exported the
Rover 3500 to the
US in 1980. They are rare, but not expensive. A complete
engine swap might
solve your problem. You may have to buy a running car, as
most examples in
scrapyards have already been picked over by tr8 owners.
Harvey
BTW  Unlike
the corner mechanic, a certified importer/manufacturer such as
Isis or
Cantab would face huge fines and worse if they were caught working
on an
illegally imported car. It's just not worth the risk to them.
_"
***
Hello Harvey, thanks very much for your suggestion, that route is one I
shall pursue. I should point out that I did import the vehicle in a legal
fashion and was given six months to effect a compliant conversion. THAT's
when the trouble started! Actually, I've spent a lot of time tracking down
TR8's in scrapyards with little success, I might add and of course, there
are now the new CARB rules to meet! Maybe in 2002 I won't need to worry!
thanks again,
Kit