Re: North American Morgans

To: <LSelz@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: North American Morgans
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 11:07:47 -0400
Lannis,
I agree with you. While such a badge would be novel, it would be interpreted
as meaning "No MGs allowed", like the "no smoking allowed" symbols. I agree
this would cause strife & sentiments of snobbery towards Morganeers amongst
MG folk (something we don't need to increase).
It's fine to joke, but seriously, some of us have worked hard to foster
better relations with MG owners & clubs.
I've seen a sticker on a Triumph that said: "Friends don't let friends drive
MGs" (a play on the "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" ad campaign).
Good for a chuckle, but is it any wonder that the MG-Triumph rivalry
continues? I wouldn't want one of those on my car either. All cars are good.
And driving a Morgan doesn't make one better than someone who drives a Miata
or a rubber bumper MGB.

Now a "90 years of Morgan" badge - that I would gladly have!
Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk

Morgan Sports Cars International
http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/browse.asp?cid=.4g3TS2kkNzU

My Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada site:
http://members.xoom.com/msccc/