Trooble @ Mill(MSCC woes!)

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Trooble @ Mill(MSCC woes!)
From: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:45:43 PDT
Pardon the Limey(Yorkshire)expression, lads & lasses, but seems apropos the
following!

"From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
To: morgans@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: UK Morgan Sports Car Club - dismissal of Christine Healey
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 00:34:46 +0100

"Back in September 1998 I asked the mailing lists if anyone knew what had
happened to the then Registrar, Christine Healey. I was subsequently
contacted and given many of the behind the scenes details.

The August 'Miscellany' on page 3 makes an ill-considered comment on an
issue the Officers of the Club should hang their heads in shame over.

The second paragraph talks about an "irretrievable breakdown in trust
and confidence" between Christine Healey and her employer, the Club.
Following the decision of the Tribunal and the Club's apparent inability to
appeal, the fault has been found to lie with the Officers of the
Club.

After Christine had the bravery to take the MSCC to an industrial
tribunal and now has won, therefore being due substantial damages,
(which all club members will have to subsidise), an unnamed writer in
Miscellany, perhaps suffering from sour grapes, attempts to justify a
stupid series of actions as being:

         "endorsed by the Majority of National Committee Members as being
         the only action necessary to promote the Club in the way we
         considered necessary"

Having lost their case in a Court of Law, that majority should resign,
as their judgement is questionable, together with any professional
advisors involved.

When I can get a copy of the judgement, I will put it unedited on a
website, so that at least some members of the MSCC can see what has been
done in their name.

I am not hopeful for the future prosperity of the Club, as with the
removal of Christine, the MSCC lost the services of not only a dedicated
Registrar for whom accuracy and the personal touch was a matter of
personal pride, but also her husband, who wrote all of the programs that
made the back office work so well. With the loss in the previous year of
the old Company Secretary, again with payment of damages, one has to
wonder whose agenda was/is being followed."
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str
Melton Mowbray, England
***
Fascinating! Back in the early eighties when I was an MSCC member(allright,
I'll remove the badge from my badge-bar, rank imposter that I am - might
improve the cooling too, it's a biggee!), a similar thing happened to Chas
Smith - great chap by the way - over the "leftovers" of regalia and other
"cock-ups" post- MOG80. Seems the club's lost none of it's customary panache
and style! What I didn't realise at the time was the club is a
business/corporation etc. Maybe therein lies a dichotomy leading to
upheavals of this sort. But things go like that don't they? Cruising for a
while, followed by a big blow-up!
Been following the Club thread and must say, for technical info etc,
Miscellany wasn't much good - great gossip shop though, I thought - but kept
us up to date on club racing and stuff. Also the point about the club
catering mostly to the Brolly Moggers is all too true. When I was working in
"Uuurup", Miscellany was of only minor help in contacting Euro-moggers. Did
publish some of my letters though, causing yet more blow-ups! That being so,
my vote is for a Morgans North America Club or, New World Morgans so that
south of the border Moggers can join in too. I suggest holding our first
gathering outside the EPA/DOT offices in D.C! A gathering of the
coal-carts!With Ken Starr as guest of honour! Any takers?!
Kit Hildreth
R8272(soon to be LEGAL! Huzzah!)