Re: Trooble @ Mill(MSCC woes!)

To: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trooble @ Mill(MSCC woes!)
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:24:17 +0100
Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com> writes
>Pardon the Limey(Yorkshire)expression, lads & lasses, but seems apropos the
>following!

Cut

>"From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
>To: morgans@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
>Subject: UK Morgan Sports Car Club - dismissal of Christine Healey
Big Cut

>Been following the Club thread and must say, for technical info etc,
>Miscellany wasn't much good - great gossip shop though, I thought - but kept
>us up to date on club racing and stuff. Also the point about the club
>catering mostly to the Brolly Moggers is all too true. When I was working in
>"Uuurup", Miscellany was of only minor help in contacting Euro-moggers. Did
>publish some of my letters though, causing yet more blow-ups! That being so,
>my vote is for a Morgans North America Club or, New World Morgans so that
>south of the border Moggers can join in too. I suggest holding our first
>gathering outside the EPA/DOT offices in D.C! A gathering of the
>coal-carts!With Ken Starr as guest of honour! Any takers?!
>Kit Hildreth
>R8272(soon to be LEGAL! Huzzah!)

I have also been following the BIG USA Club thread and can see the
merits in a club based over the Internet, but I'm afraid that when
people start talking about dues, I start to get worried.

Being in the UK, I don't suppose that a USA club makes a whole lot of
difference to me, but this mailing list would be a real loss if usage
fell off.

The suggestion about joining MSCC is valid, but I wonder what you get
for your money- Miscellany, which is presently a gossip shop with
adverts, some people to talk to in dire need and that's about your lot.
The old colonial chestnut of taxation without representation is probably
also an issue. I currently get cheap RAC membership as well, but if the
rumours are true, this will soon come to an end, in which case I won't
renew.

I will willingly support any formal or informal group that gives me
access to others with the passion for Morgans. I will give whatever help
I can, either with information or parts location, copy extracts from my
books or stare at my car looking for the obscure detail etc, but please
don't ask for dues to a central organisation, as my experience with car
clubs of more than 100 members is that the politics start to take over.

IMHO the rows over John Worrell, Tim Ott, Richard Lovatt and now
Christine Healey have a basis in petty politics, money or jealousy.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4