Re: Thoughts on cooling

To: "FPS3@aol.com" <FPS3@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Thoughts on cooling
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 99 18:38:56 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

-------------snip -------------------------------
> Fred Sisson

Fred
If I might add a note to your great advise.  I would hate to think some Plus
4 owners  chasing ghosts because of some  temp gauge needle movement.
 Morgan placed the temp gauge sending unit in the top tank of the radiator
unlike most other cars which have it located just under the thermostat. Thus
the Morgan is very likely to display a rise and fall of the temp gauge which
could vary from the thermostat rating since the top tank water temperature
is more likely have a greater   temp rise and fall than that of the
thermostat housing.

Also, a MGB sender will fit  into the blanked out opening in the Thermostat
housing and if used with a MGB ( Smiths) gauge,it gives a much more accurate
reading than the unit Morgan used .
It should be noted that If the MGB gauge is used you must install a MGB
Voltage stabilizer in line or the gauge will swing with the generator output
( as well as read higher ).   This  devise holds the current to the gauge at
a steady 10 v regardless of the generator output and the lack of such a
regulator in the Morgan wiring could account for some of the movement of the
Morgan gauge .
Bob Nogueira