Re: Model years

To: RHT56@aol.com, edherman@concentric.net, polmognl@wxs.nl,
Subject: Re: Model years
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:53:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/99 12:38:12 AM Central Daylight Time, RHT56@aol.com
writes:

<< What if the DMV only registered Studebakers after an arbitrary cutoff
date?
 Would you car now be a Studebaker?  If Matilda was born on July 7, 1965,
(i.e.,
 out the factory door) but not registered until October does that make her
 really a year older?
 When you get as old as I am you look for ways lessen one's age.
 D in OR >>
I am in the fortunate position of being in Texas and not in time or place or
concerned about resale, thus Matilda remains as my new bright and shiny car,
tomorrow will be 1966 and I am 29 years old.  To blazes with the DMV and all
it's Studebakers (mine was a '56 Power Hawk, bought in Oct. 1955 and
registered as a '56).
Harris