Re: electric fans -Reply

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electric fans -Reply
From: "Bill Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:26:30 -0500
Scott Barrie wrote:
<< snip>   they apparently clamp directly onto the
 fins on the front of the rad (can this be wise?)  <snip >>

Scott,

I don't think that they clamp to the fins.  Rather they are connected by
thin plastic anchors extending through the fins to a round base on the
other side.  You have to force the anchors through your radiator core
then attach the fan on the other side.  A barbaric practice to say the
least, fraught with all sorts of theoretical problems but I used one on
an old Triumph Spitfire and had no issues.  Electric fans can be kind of
loud so try to listen to fan and installation in question before you
buy.  On the Spit, I hated stopping at stop lights because everyone was
looking for a low flying plane when the fan started.

Regards,
Bill Eastman