Re: electric fans

To: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electric fans
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 01:43:54 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/99 7:38:26 AM, scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any experience with the add-on electric fans made by Kool
Klutch?

I've only seen catalogue info but they apparently clamp directly onto the
fins on the front of the rad (can this be wise?) and can be controlled a
variety of ways.

They come in a variety of sizes and, aside from the method of mounting,
they seem ideal. I'm sure a proper bracket could be fabricated easily.

Are there any other specific brands/models that people are having success
with. I know Fred K. has had luck with a model of Flex-a-Lite fan but it
seems a bit pricey.

Cheers

Scott Barrie
'63 Plus Four

    by triumph.cs.utah.edu >>

I once put on such a fan (from JC Whitney). It attached by thin plastic rods
that went through the radiator, with a plastic push-on nut on the other side
(back) After a while, the vibration caused the places where the rods went
through to become quite large holes, and the whole thing become loose. I have
been told that if the  the radiator slot is filled with silicone sealant
first, that this will not happen, but I wouldn't recommend it. Try to improve
your cooling in other ways, or find a fan that doesnt attach to the radiator
core.