Re: lube question

To: giam@cs.uml.edu, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lube question
From: KatHaus7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 18:19:32 EDT
In a message dated 9/8/99 2:50:36 PM, giam@cs.uml.edu writes:

<< One problem I ran into was that the clutch actually slipped:
the whole assembly was sufficiently dry and gummed up so
the clutch pedal was "glued" to the brake pedal (there are some
coaxial tubes there) and could not travel all the way back...
Giampiero Pecelli >>

Giampiero,
How'd you get the pedals "unglued". That looks like my problem. The pedals
work together, depressing the brake semi depresses the clutch, but if I push
in both the clutch pedal & the brake pedal, after releasing the brake pedal,
the clutch stays in. I can pull it back to it's correct position with my
hand. I cleaned the whole area really well, and I got off lots and lots of
old dried grease and dirty gunk. After cleaning, the pedals seem to be a tiny
bit more independent.

On the left side of the clutch pedal, down on the "pipe" it is connected to -
the pipe is open on the far left side. I am assuming I need to pile the
grease in this opening until I can see it ooze out. Is this correct?? There
is also a small screw to the right of the brake pedal, should I take it out
and put grease in it's hole too?

Thanks,

Kat