RE: lube question

To: "'KatHaus7@aol.com'" <KatHaus7@aol.com>
Subject: RE: lube question
From: Kerry Seibert <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:55:59 -0400
Before/during/after your pedal lube, you may want to consider removing the
entire assembly for cleaning/servicing.  It's only held in the car by, I
believe four bolts and the two clevis pins.  It's a good opportunity to
clean-up all the gunk which accumulates on the floor and crossframe area.  Good
time to replace the clevis pins (they connect the pedal to the yoke of the
clutch and to the brake master cylinder) as they can wear, get thin, and break.
 New cotter pins of course.  And check the actual pedal to make sure the hole
hasn't ovalized or enlarged too much as this can cause slop in the assembly.
The whole assembly is easily taken apart, cleaned, and lubed on the kitchen
table as opposed to throwing your back out hunched over in the car.  This is an
"easy" Morgan job, ie one that should not lead to any unforeseen "horrors" or
nothing to break while you're fixing one thing!