Re: An ongoing saga.....

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An ongoing saga.....
From: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:01:39 -0400
Wow! What a great group you are!

The response to my "Ongoing Saga" has been overwhelming. I want to thank
you all (Colin, Art, Stu, Richard, Greg, Ed, Ken, David, Roger.... I hope I
didn't miss anybody) for your informative and helpful postings.

For those who were wondering,the rad has recently been out of the car and
tested/cleaned/repaired. Is seems that it is okay, although I can't vouch
for its efficiency relative to a new one. We have actually taken the
thermostat out to see if that helps (is that a no-no?) but with little
apparent effect.

All hoses are new.

As I mentioned in my original post I will be adding an electric fan (and
also a dam of some sort) at the first opportunity and will report back at
that point. I will also replace the rad cap (my first stop will be a new 4
pound cap with an extra gasket under the top. I will also relocate the
recovery tank as it is likely now mounted too low.

As for the vibration problem, the wheels have been balanced fairly recently
and there have been no changes that would suggest they need to be
rebalanced. The tires are quite old but they seem to be in good shape. The
car has spent long periods of time sitting but usually it's been up on
blocks. The U-joints appear to be fine and the bolts on the drive shaft
have all been checked. The muff (and shaft) and the input shaft on the
transmission were both replaced a few thousand miles ago. That suggests
that I may have to dig a little deeper.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again

Scott Barrie