Cooling

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling
From: "Stein, Ross" <Ross.Stein@kp.org>
Date: 13 Sep 1999 16:22:40 -0700
All this discussion about cooling has me watching the temp gauge on
my 1993 +8 very carefully. At a steady 65-70 mph, ambient temp about
70 deg F. , the temp is steady at 95 deg C. (203 deg F.), with a brief
rise of 10 deg going uphill, which was brought down by cranking up the
heater. I just flushed and changed the radiator, the coolant was
"murky" but actually settled out into a very thin layer of fine
particles below clear fluid (in the bottles I am holding for recycling).
The car has only 2400 miles, all rhe hoses are OK, and the car seems
uncomfortably hot after running for about half an hour. What range
of temperature should a Plus 8 (USA) normally run? Thanks.