Re: Cooling

To: Ross.Stein@kp.org, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: BradFarr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:08:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/99 12:48:02 AM, Ross.Stein@kp.org writes:

>At a steady 65-70 mph, ambient temp about
>70 deg F. , the temp is steady at 95 deg C. (203 deg F.), with a brief
>rise of 10 deg going uphill,

My '95 Plus 8 would indicate similar temperatures (although I have not tested
the gauge independently). On a 90 deg. F day, in stop and go traffic, the
temperature of the coolant would rise to an indicated 220 - 230 degrees and
the coolant would begin to boil and cause coolant loss, even with the
recovery system. I installed an aluminum radiator, which has prevented any
boilovers this summer, but I can still see 220 (or higher) on the gauge on a
hot day. (BTW, the timing is correct, and the electric fan works.) To have a
temperature gauge that reads a constant temperature regardless of ambient
temperature or driving conditions is still on the wish list.
Brad