Car temps

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car temps
From: "William Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:14:11 -0500
Remember that modern iron runs hotter than the old stuff.  This improves
emissions.  On a 90's car, the fully warm temp should probably bounce
between 195 F and 215 F or so with about 230 F being the high limit.
Most American late iron use a higher pressure cap than older cars to
allow a good margin of safety at these higher temps- I think around 15
psi.  I am not sure about Morgans but I am sure that someone knows.

One more thing,  I would recommend against returning said candy
thermometer to the kitchen drawer.  Our fudge recipe calls for butter or
margarine, not Mobil 1.

Regards,
Bill Eastman