Re: Side curtains

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Side curtains
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:42:45 -0700
Brickey, Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I need to replace/rebuild the side curtains on my 1965 +4 roadster.   Does
>anybody know of a person/place that will do this or sell the materials needed
>to do it.

Peter,

Your '65 would have the side crtains with sliding clear plexiglas
windows in aluminum frames as John Blair has assumed.  Assuming also
that you are in the USA John would be correct about finding new clear
panels at the hardware store.  In the US you can get the "Tee rubber"
trim pieces for the top and sides from Restoration Specialties and
Supply Co., Windber, PA.  Phone No. 814-467-9842, FAX 814-467-9282.  Tee
rubber comes in 3/4", 1", and 1 1/2" widths.  You slide it into the
grooves in the aluminum frame using Joy dishwashing detergent as a
lubricant and glue the mitred corners together with super glue.
The  vinyl covered fabric with the swirl pattern used on hoods is called
Colonial and the fuzzy cloth type is called Stayfast.  Both are
available by the yard from Three Rivers Supply in Pittsburgh, PA Phone
No. 412-462-3900.  You'll need an industrial sewing machine to sew the
edges together.

Tony Souza

Tony Souza