Re: Side curtains

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Side curtains
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:02:28 -0700
John T. Blair wrote:

>   Have you ordered the rubber from Restoration Specialities?  When I did,
>several years ago, the stuff I got wouldn't work.  The base was way too wide.
>In fact, I ordered stuff from about 3 different places and could not get
>anything close.  I went so far as to get a bid to have the stuff made.
>
> Do you have a part # for the rubber from R.S.?
>
> John

John,

I must admit it was almost twenty years ago that I did the +4 side
screens and I do remember stuffing the rubber in was a difficult chore.
I'm almost sure it came from R.S.  I have used their Tee rubber for
windscreen bottom flaps a number of times and it works OK there.

For windscreen rubber it's probably best to get the factory replacement
material which is sized and corners glued.  I have some for my next
sidescreen rebuilds, maybe this winter.

Tony