RE: More about MSCC vs Christine Healey

To: "'Jeremy Edwards'" <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Subject: RE: More about MSCC vs Christine Healey
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:58:06 -0400
Jeremy,

Thanks for making this judgment available to us.  A sorry state of affairs
indeed. I quit the MSCC some years ago, as the benefit/cost ratio to me was
approaching zero. I do remember the neatly handwritten note by Christine
Healey on the receipt of my membership dues.  I thought it was a nice
personal touch.

>From the transcript of the judgment, it appears that Christine Healey was
very much the "heart and soul" of the MSCC.  It would be a nice gesture if a
new executive would offer her the position of registrar again.  This would,
of course, mean that the current directors be given the boot.

You are correct in that any organization gets the directors it deserves,
just like we get the government we deserve.  However, I can't see any non-UK
MSCC member having much of an impact on executive of the club and we have to
leave it up to our UK brethren and sisters to rescue this worthwhile
organization.

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4
Pinawa, MB