Re: More about MSCC vs Christine Healey

To: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: More about MSCC vs Christine Healey
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:22:48 -0400
Those of you who are MSCC members should read this brief, which to this
non-lawyer American's sensibilities is an interesting document indeed.
It isn't full of legalese, reads like it was written by nonlawyers.
Print it out and take a quiet minute to read it. It will be worth your
while.

Bottom line: it makes the clear case the Mrs. Healey was mistreated in
an extraordinary way by the new club secretary, Mrs. Simpson, who
exceeded her authority. It portrays Mrs. Simpson as overbearing, self
important and unkind.

I don't know what the facts are of the case, although this appears to be
a balanced report. I do know that I've met Mrs. Healey twice, she struck
me as very nice, was competent in her answers to my questions. As we all
know, she did a great job in keeping the membership rolls up to date.

The report makes it sound like rivalries between cliques developed and
Mrs. Healey got caught in the middle. Things appear to have been
exacerbated by a Type "A" personality deciding to run roughshod over a
"Type B".  It is too bad, really. Sometimes the nice guys do finish
last.

I will remain in the MSCC, but I'll feel a whole lot better about the
club if they take the cue from Jeremy and others and not sweep all of
this under the floormat. Publish the judgement. Give the membership a
full accounting of the entire episode. Actively seek a diversity of
views on this.

Ernest W. (Chip) Brown
Norwalk, Connecticut, USA