Re: Body/rear axle alignment - 70 Plus 8

To: "Phil Roettjer" <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>,
Subject: Re: Body/rear axle alignment - 70 Plus 8
From: "Werner Pels" <wernerpels@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:32:49 -0800
You're right about the back end, Phil.

When I measure from chassis to hub, both sides are right on. However, if I
put a straightedge on the face of the hub, the right rear fender projects
out (all around) about 3/8-1/2" further from the hub face than the left
does. The fenders themselves have the same shape, size, and distance from
the body, so the whole body back there must be offset to the right. I don't
think I'll fool with it unless I have other reasons for getting at the
springs. (So much for thinking I'd found a way to get more tailpipe
clearance. And "nudging" the body along the axle was clearly naive.)

Thanks,
Werner