SV: Body/rear axle alignment - 70 Plus 8

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: Body/rear axle alignment - 70 Plus 8
From: "Bjørn Schage" <schage@online.no>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:20:12 +0100
Hi Werner.

Got a -69 + 8 myself, and have experienced the same thing about the position of
the back axle.( actually with my +4 as well)

One curious thing about this, is that if you observe the car just after you
make a hard left turn, the axle might be dislocated to the left, and vice versa
to the right. I believe this has to do with the fact that the springs aren't
that when putting pressure on it form the side. Moving the U-bolts might make
things worse.

When doing a total rebuild of the the back-end, I got telescoopic dampers, an
anti-tramp-bar and a Panhard rod. This fixed the position of the rear axle, and
I no longer find variations in the position. ( this does not mean that it is
symmetric, we're talking Morgans aren't we) I seldom get the squeaking sound of
the wheel rubbing the tailpipe now, but it  might happen at very hard cornering.

Happy Morganeering

Bjørn Schage
-62 +4 -4 seater
-69 +8