Low Oil Pressure Reading, Plus Four

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Oil Pressure Reading, Plus Four
From: Wildbil923@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:30:46 EST
I recently fired up the engine on the Plus Four I'm restoring.  It's probably
been 4 to 6 months since it was last run.  In the past, oil pressure has been
normal.  This time, the gauge needle wouldn't budge.  I shut it off right
away and tried starting it again.  Still, no oil pressure reading.  Then, I
disconnected the oil line leading to the gauge and started the car.  Oil was
flowing through the open line, but not at any great rate.  Enough to shoot
about 2 or so inches before drooping to the ground.  Does it sound like I
have an oil pressure problem, or is the gauge the likely problem?  Can anyone
suggest a fix?  I've considered taking the oil pressure relief valve out and
cleaning it, but my ideas peter out at that point.  The engine's a fresh
rebuild by someone who knows Morgans very well and the oil level is right up
there.

Bill Wilkman
1959 Mog Plus Four