TR3 trans

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 trans
From: "Scott Seidler" <sseidler@easterndatacomm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:38:38 -0500
Hello listers,

This was a question I posed to one of the listers that I decided to open to
you all.

<snip>
Couple of questions for you,
I now have the TR3 engine in my possession (unfortunately still in the back
of my truck) it also came with a complete tranny.

I was wondering if you have any experience with the fitting of the tr3 trans
into a +4. It is a longer trans than the moss - and the shifter is extended
rearward. So I'm wondering if this will all fit as a complete TR3 drivetrain
and have the shift back far enough to be in the correct position.

Part of the reason I'm thinking this way is because its come to my attention
that my Moss trans - being from a Jaguar - has a different front
and back plate than a standard moss - so I'm thinking that trying
to get  the right front and back plates would be difficult and probably
expensive.

<snip>

If anyone would like to start a string on this or has prior experience and
would like to talk to or email me directly - consider this an open
invitation.

--Scott

Scott Seidler
Senior Network Engineer