Re: TR3 trans

To: sseidler@easterndatacomm.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 trans
From: Jhalfdime@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:51:08 EST
Scott,
    My brother once bought a +4 4 seater that had been converted to a TR
transmission.  While I never looked real closely at the transplant, it was a
mess.  The firewall was butchered beyond belief, the shift was still too far
forward, and if memory serves, the TR set-up had a hydraulic clutch with the
slave cylinder on top of the fire wall causing even more tin destruction.
    Having shifted (verrry slooowly) my Moss box for almost thirty years, it
fits the car, is unbelievably strong, and is totally in character (?!?).
    My two cents is to go Moss if you can.
    Cheers, Happy Morganing, & good luck no matter wwhat path you take,
        Jim Nichol