Re: Has anyone heard of this?

To: "Scott Seidler" <sseidler@easterndatacomm.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Has anyone heard of this?
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:33:17 -0500
Scott and fellow Morgaphiles:

Here's one NZ website for TR transmission conversions. I've found other
sources, too, but this one looks pretty straightforward.

<http://www.conversioncomp.co.nz/triump2k.htm>

The chief advantage of even considering anything other than a Moss box is
that you can get overdrive built in witrh the Toyotas. This would be a huge
comfort factor in long highway driving. I find my +4 Morgan to be fatiguing
to drive at speeds over 70MPH, and who wants to go any slower?

I believe they can provide a remote shifter kit that'll put the shifter
about where it usually lands on the Moss box. However, the tranny will be
mounted further forward, directly onto the new bellhousing. You might need
to weld in an additional frame crossmember to receive the tail of the
tranny, and possibly fabricate a new tunnel as well. A TR6 propshaft can be
readily chopped to the appropriate length. Check with FPS3 on this.

Anybody on the list actually tried one of these?

Jerry Murphy
'67+4 6676