RE: Tire jack

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tire jack
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:54:25 -0800
John,
Just in front of the driver and passenger seats should be a hole through the
floor. It is usually plugged with a piece of wood cut out to fill the hole.
If you remove this plug you will see a hole in the chassis where a jack is
inserted. The original jacks were a screw type with a round bar that inserts
through the hole and raises the car as the center screw is turned.

If you can't find an original then a scissors jack should work. Just be very
careful where you place it. In the front I would recommend the cross tubing
for the sliding pillar suspension. In the rear I would get it under the
axle. Don't put in under the chassis since it is fairly light and will
certainly bend.

Good Luck,

Phil Roettjer
67 +4