Re: Wood Frame Assembly- no glue

To: sseidler@easterndatacomm.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood Frame Assembly- no glue
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:06:45 EST
I have a couple of old car restoration books and they are pretty emphatic on
NO glue... period!

 They say that it will break the wood- it has to have some flex (notice no
triangles on the frame?) Also it is important to select the right screw
length so that the shank is through the joint... and pre drill with the
proper drills to the proper depth.

That said..  I thought that I would try to re-invent the wheel (body) on my
trike. I used  used all T-nuts on my trike and then let the paint lock 'em.
Three years of pretty hard use and nothing has come loose or cracked.

fred sisson