Re: Clairification of ignition warning light question!

To: "Steve Gilbert" <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clairification of ignition warning light question!
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:26:15 -0700
The charge light I am not sure about, but 1968 TR-4s that were negative
ground and used a generator also had a special voltage regulator that had a
lable on it specifying that it was for negative ground only.  You do need to
reverse the low tension leads to the coil in order to get the correct amount
of voltage  produced to fire the plugs under high load conditions.  I have
personally fixed cars that had a high load miss by correcting incorrect coil
low tension polarity.
                                                                Regards,
Greg Solow