Re: Wire Wheels and Tubes

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels and Tubes
From: Harvey Gilmartin <harveyg@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:52:12 -0400
While I have never owned a car with wires, I have repaired countless flats
on my bicycles. The most important thing is to identify the object that
caused the puncture. So far I have never had a problem with spokes - and I
use 80-110 psi pressures.
I make note of the tire position on the rim before I remove it, and match
up the puncture to the cause. I feel the entire inside of the tire to make
sure it's smooth. Before I reassemble the tire, I make sure the rim and
tire are absolutely free of debris. This is pretty much SOP for bicycle
tire repairs, but hardly any car mechanics know anything but tubeless. Try
taking your wheels to a motorcycle shop. Hope this helps.
Harvey