Re: Front fenders and supercharging

To: Scott Seidler <sseidler@easterndatacomm.com>,
Subject: Re: Front fenders and supercharging
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:58:14 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Scott
Re the fender. One of  my Drophead Coupe fenders was so badly bent that I
could not hammer it out.  I ended up cutting out the section from just
forward of the firewall  to the bottom of the headlight bucket ( inner half
of the fender).  I had a local sheetmetal shop roll the proper curve into a
new sheet and  I cut , fitted and welded it in place.  We used a good fender
apron to determine the proper curve of the fender.
If its' the outer part of the fender ( over the wheel ) it would be a bit
more difficult  but could be done.
Interestingly Morgan fenders are made from two different gauges of
sheetmetal. The outer section is 20 gauge and the inner section ( that
triangle section under the headlight bucket ) is 16 or 18 gauge.  Thats one
of the reasons I couldn't;t straighten out the dent.
 Okay on the tranny .
Bob Nogueira

------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Wednesday, 12-Apr-00 11:48 AM