RE: US Gasoline Pricing

To: <edherman@concentric.net>
Subject: RE: US Gasoline Pricing
From: "Manfred Brown" <m-brown@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:23:44 +0100
I agree with you in not trusting everything the scientists tell you but I
wouldn't discount everything either. There is a lot of scare mongering but
that doesn't mean we should ignore all the warnings and warning signs. One
of the more recent scares is the ironic drastic cooling of Europe which may
occur due to melting icebergs in the Antarctic disrupting the gulf stream.
It may or may not happen but the logic is there to see, as is melting
icecaps flooding low level areas like London, etc.,etc.

Regarding the alcohol argument, it is true that burning it produces CO2 and
H2O, but only the CO2 that the plant fixed from the atmosphere in the first
place, using energy from the sun. Thus there is not net gain in atmospheric
CO2.

It's that soapbox getting to me again, and off topic at that.

Manfred.