Re: tire clearance

To: SDviewpnt@aol.com, Btmfdchn@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire clearance
From: Mog47@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:24:34 EDT
I'd say don't worry about the rubbing block. Thats what it is for. If set up
correctly, that will limit how far the wheels turn in. If not set up
correctly - not centered - then one side will lock hitting the block but
turning the other direction will lock before rubbing. The bigger diameter, of
course, hits it earlier and limits the turning radius.

I don't have experience with the 16" wheels. Could you maybe take them to a
good wheel shop and have them separate/re-weld the center section to change
the offset a bit? Maybe someone could comment on that. Rodders do it all the
time.
Greg Solo sells spacers - or used to anyway - for the same purpose too. Not
sure if they work with steel wheels or not.