Fwd: tire clearance

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: tire clearance
From: Btmfdchn@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:24:53 EDT
--part1_bb.67d96a6.26d87665_boundary

From: Btmfdchn@aol.com
Full-name: Btmfdchn
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:22:44 EDT
Subject: Re: tire clearance
To: FPS3@aol.com

Thanks Fred.   Here's what my research came up with.   The Dayton have a
back-spacing of 3.38 the 4 1/2 inch 60 spoke and 3.31 for the 5 inch 72
spoke.  The Dunlops that I have are 3.5. Changing to the Dayton 4 1/2 picks
up 1/8 inch but going to the 5 inch picks up a little bit more but moves the
center line of the tire out 1/2 inch and will cause less ballooning.  Looks
like the 5 inch is the way to go.  What size tire are you using and how is
the steering effort?  This all came about because I want to use those great
big 165's and go fast.  Change my steering box?  Never.  It's part of my work
out program.
                Tim

--part1_bb.67d96a6.26d87665_boundary--