RE: Car transports

To: Frhc260@aol.com, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Car transports
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:28:23 -0500
Fred - I'll echo Joe's thumbs-up on InterCity.  My DHC came from SF to
Boston area w/ no problem.  Delays due to such things as "the driver hadn't
been home for awhile [usually home is Mississippi] " are typical in my
view, no matter the carrier.  Those guys can go at their own pace unless
you're paying some kind of a premium.  And imagine if the unloading of
*your* $250K Ferrari takes a day longer because of some snag w/ the
mechanism!  So, patience is required.

Another thing - my car was delivered in an enclosed van given its pristine
condition.  With a Legacy [another great car from this former owner of one
+ a Forester], open transport would suffice and be cheaper.

At 09:50 AM 11/21/00 -0500, DeLuca, Joseph wrote:
>Hello Fred,
>
>The only one I can speak of from personal experience
>is InterCity (http://www.intercitylines.com/).
>
>They delivered my Morgan from So. Carolina to New
>Jersey without a scratch, but the delay was incredible.
>The delivery was about 3 weeks late because they were
>busy with a concours out west.
>
>The 750 mile haul cost about $650. I'd recommend them
>if you're not in a hurry.
>
>Joe DeLuca
>Ledgewood, NJ
>'57 yellow 4/4