RE: [Chassis Painting]

To: "Harald Sakshaug" <harald.sakshaug@datapower.no>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Chassis Painting]
From: "webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 08:06:31 -0500
Hi Gang,

I have been following this chassis painting thread and wanted to
throw in my 2 cents. I was led to believe that one should not use
a paint like Por 15 or the one Harold suggested, because a Morgan
chassis 'flexes' as part of it's handling characteristics, and
these paints will ultimately crack allowing water to penetrate, or
flake off. This is why the factory ultimately went with a
'galvanizing' process, because it was the only thing they found
was unaffected by the flexing.

I am soon to be in a similar situation myself here in the states,
I was going to look into powder coating, I don't know it the fact
that it is electronically adhered to the chassis will help prevent
the cracking over time.

Regards,

Jeff Webster
Buy Classic Cars from America!