Re: 1951 Plus 4 History

To: "BobTescione" <mogman@rpa.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 1951 Plus 4 History
From: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:39:58 -0500
> In Jake Alderson and  Chris Chapmans book, Morgan The Early Years, in
> the section on 1951, my car is mentioned (P2114) as the first Plus 4
> imported to USA by Fergus Motors.  I was always curious, cause I had
> seen at one of the DC Morgan Meets, an early drophead coupe (at that
> time, I believe, owned by Dave Bondon) which had a serial # around P2100
> or 2101.

Bob,

I can't answer any of your questions about Fergus etc. but I can tell you
that the DHC I owned was 2101 and was the Earls Court show car when they
introduced the 4 DHC. That was a great car. The thing I loved about it was
that it was absolutely original and everything worked! Even the
Trafficators.  It is in the collection of a local RR/Bentley collector here
in the Atlanta area. His wife drives the car occasionally and tells everyone
it is her "little Bentley".

Dave Bondon

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///