1951 Plus 4 History

To: morgans@autox.team.net, MSCCDISCUSSION@listbot.com
Subject: 1951 Plus 4 History
From: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 12:43:09 -0500
Hello All:
In Jake Alderson and  Chris Chapmans book, Morgan The Early Years, in
the section on 1951, my car is mentioned (P2114) as the first Plus 4
imported to USA by Fergus Motors.  I was always curious, cause I had
seen at one of the DC Morgan Meets, an early drophead coupe (at that
time, I believe, owned by Dave Bondon) which had a serial # around P2100
or 2101.

1. Was that car (the drophead) not imported to US by Fergus?
2. Did Angell in California bring in Plus 4s earlier than Fergus?
3. Can anyone verify what car is pictured in the Alderson/Chapman book
on P128 and 129?
4. Has anyone determined who the first purchaser of P2114 was? I have
traced ownership back to 1953, but the first owner remains elusive.

Thanks for any help and enlightenment you may be able to give.

Sincerely
Bob Tescione
1951 Plus 4 # P2114
Mogman@rpa.net