Re: Insurance?

To: morgan list <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance?
From: smanwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:21:51 -0500
I too have a Morgan and two Rovers on a policy with Grundy.  They are
one of the few that handle both liability and comprehensive/collision in
Massachusetts.  One "feature" of Grundy's policy is that they are not
will to cover a car under restoration unless it is more than 70%
complete (not sure I have the number right, but it excluded my Plus 4
which is a rolling chassis without engine/gearbox/body at the moment.)
They seem efficient about making changes to a policy, billing and
sending out forms needed to register a car.

I have given up on J C Taylor.  They refused to cover my 4/4 because it
has a 1500 engine and originally had the 1172 even though I explained
that 4/4's had the same size engine a few years later and concurrently
Plus 4's had 2000 cc engines in the same chassis.  Apparently ANY change
to the engine rings alarm bells with them.  Twice they said they would
transfer my Plus 4 from a NY policy to the MA policy, but they never
did.  They take months and repeated requests to complete any paperwork
whether it is billing, sending out coverage statements or registration
materials.

--Steve Manwell

[This message delayed, as it was sent by someone who has their mailer set to
automatically include the entire message to which they reply.  mjb.]

///
///