bent suspension tubes

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: bent suspension tubes
From: Mrgn914@cs.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:24:14 EST
I have had some experience straightening the tubes as well as the lug that
the king pin mounts to at the top of a 4/4 front end.  I would suggest
heating the tubes till they are red hot and then straightening as required.
It is likely that the front wing as well as the suspension on that side will
need to be removed.  As to what effect this heating and cooling has on the
tube, I have not a clue.  All I can say is that the offending vehicle is
still on the road.  I have heard of situations where another tube is pushed
inside the existing tube and then plug welded through the outer tube to add
strength to the assembly.  As to what the material is that they are made
from, I am not sure, but it will bend when heated.
S. Stierman
69+8