Re: [oletrucks] Test - Plus a Question

To: <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Test - Plus a Question
From: "The Hansons" <dustyrose@mcn.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:40:14 -0700
        I will certainly take the doors off now but what side of the hinges
should
I attack. The guy I had bought the truck from was trying to remove the D/S
door but had screwed up from what he told me. Needless to say the door is
hanging by the top hinge. Do I need to go at it from the side attached to
the door or the kick panel.?
        Also all the talk about the camel hump heads has raised yet another
question. The 270 that came in the truck apparently knocks but has been
rebuilt with just 50 miles on it after it warms up. I have no idea why and
have considered a trade with a farmer down the road for his 327 with camel
hump heads.(straight across). I have already purchased a 283 from a '62
Apache with 60thousand and thought of replacing just the gaskets, plugs,
wires and fuel pump(we broke while pulling). I plan to run the 283 until I
put money into the 350 block I have and get it like I want it. Is the trade
worth it and if so should I run the 283 or the 327 until the 350 is set up
for show? Any help and suggestions appreciated. Or just plain opinions are
welcomed too!!!

Thanks,
Christian '59 GMC
150 napco stepside