Re: [oletrucks] forester green

To: "Thomas E. Farrow" <teftom@interpoint.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] forester green
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 00:14:35 -0600
Thomas E. Farrow wrote:

> Does any one know where there is a picture of a AD in forester green
> online?
> I understand that in 1950 that was the regular color. Mine was mariner
> blue
> or windsor blue (first, then yellow house paint, then black rustoleum,
> now
> two tone brown) and I'm trying to decide what color to paint it. The
> available colors in 50 (rpo) were forester green, swift red, armour
> yellow,
> whit, jet black, omaha orange,cape maroon, mariner blue, windsor blue,
>
> seacrest green, sun beige, and cream medium. Also, is there a color
> chart
> anywhere to see what these colors really look like?.........Tom

> 1959

   Tom
I am going through the same thing now with my 49 3100. I have called
everyone that I can think of (Heavy Chevy, Jim Carter, Chevy Duty,
American Classic, Golden State,  Etc.), and not one of them offers paint
chips, or even a good printed sheet with all of the colors displayed.
I was able to find out that Chevy Duty has an original set of books that
displays paint chips for all of the colors that Chevy and GMC had from
the mid 30's through about 1960. Unfortunately, these books do not leave
their shop, but customers are welcome to view them if you happen to be
in the area (Arkansas).
Here is a question for the list:
If someone were able to accurately reproduce these, would they be
something that you would purchase?
The reason that I ask is that I may have found another original set of
color chips, but haven't seen them yet so I am unsure. If they are the
real thing (and reproducible), I have a buddy with a very large print
shop, so there is a chance that I will be able to reproduce them and get
them in the parts houses so other guys in our situation won't have to go
through this.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Brad