RE: [oletrucks] Bed Wood Question

To: "'miq@teleport.com'" <miq@teleport.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Bed Wood Question
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 08:28:23 -0800
You guys got it all wrong.  Fiberglass or quarter-inch polished stainless
diamond plate.  Now that's tough!

Quite seriuosly, I would go with a good fine-grained hardwood.  Oak is
good, but is hard on the wallet.
I have oak on my bed.  Unfortunately, the sun and rain got the best of it
and turned the once golden sheen finish to a nasty peeling grey
(sunbleached) finish.
So, needless to say, it's this finish that counts.

Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200