Re: [oletrucks] VIN plate question

To: <varanus@mail.phoenix.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN plate question
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:44:43 -0800
If it's a GMC the VIN and the engine serial number are not the same.  GMC
engine number was a displacement code, production number, and (I think)
date code.  I don't know about Chevy, but I don't think that they were the
same either.  Anybody know for sure?  As for the VIN plate, what state are
you in?  DMV regulations are going to be different state to state.  Good
luck.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC