Re: [oletrucks] Vin Plate question

To: "Truck List (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vin Plate question
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:20:22 -0600
I don't know about ADs but on TF trucks the VIN should be spot welded to
the driver's side windshield post.  If its attached with pop rivets or
screws look out.

On the lighter side, I have a 57 Chevy Convertible that has a VIN tag
issued by MEXICO.  The original Chevy VIN tag was removed anf the Mexican
tag put in its place and attached with drive rivets.  You should have seen
my DPS buddy's face when he saw this one. 8-o  Fortunately, the Mexican VIN
matches the frame so he didn't give me a hard time about it.  He just said
he didn't want to know how the car got back into the States.

robert

----------
> From: Terry Stellman <stellman@noex.com>
> To: Truck List (E-mail) <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Vin Plate question
> Date: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 3:24 PM
>
> I got my 1949 from the original owner and the VIN plate was attached with
two small clutch head screws.

> Terry Stellman
> 1949 3600
> Missouri City, Texas

little clutch head screws (sure looks stock to me).  It's a snap to take it
on and off - i.e. theft protection stinks.  Makes me wonder what VIN plates
were *really* held on with for the different years.  Likewise here, no TX
for me just in case.